py2c - an open source Python to C/C++ is looking for developers

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Jul 31 08:46:27 EDT 2012

Stefan Behnel, 31.07.2012 07:23:
> From a look at the source code, it seems hard to bring it together with
> anything. It looks very monolithic.

Hmm, sorry, I mixed it up with "2c.py", which is yet another of those
Python-to-C compilers with an all too similar name.

https://code.google.com/p/2c-python/

There are a couple of others here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonImplementations

Seeing the number of those compilers, almost none of which is commonly used
and/or still alive as a project, the question really is: why another one?

I mean, it's totally fine as a hobby educational project, sure, and I
really don't want to discourage anyone from going through this to have fun.

But apart from "just for fun", what is the goal that would make this
particular compiler different from the others? And also different enough to
merit its own source base, instead of basing it on one of the existing
projects? I don't consider "source is harder to read than to write" a good
answer to this in general.

Stefan