Is Python a commercial proposition ?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 20:45:47 EDT 2012

On Jul 30, 12:31 pm, Rodrick Brown <rodrick.br... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Its still not possible to be a pure Python developer and find gainful
> employment today.

I have been working as a "pure" Python developer for six+ years now
(in that the bulk of my coding is done in Python, with some interface
behaviour in JS). On average, every two months I'm contacted by a
recruiter or an employer wanting me for my Python experience. I've
worked for government, education and private industry, and the only
time I didn't get paid was my last week working for a start-up.

So I'm pretty confident that I'm "gainfully" employed.