Is Python a commercial proposition ?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Jul 30 10:09:38 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-30, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> Still, you may still get away with the above statement by providing a
> sufficiently narrow definition of "standalone". By my definition, there
> isn't much "standalone" code out there. Most code I know interfaces with a
> couple of external tools, libraries or backends, usually written in
> languages I don't have to care about because they provide a language
> independent interface.

It's not really relevent to this discussion, but there is _lots_ of
stand-alone code out there. It runs in sub-one-dollar microcontrollers
that are programmed in assembly language or in C without external
libraries (sometimes not even the "libc" that's included in the C
language definition).  Those microcontrollers are everywhere in toys,
appliances, and all sorts of other "non-computer" things.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can I
                                  at               borrow 26.7% of the RAYON