Python Error

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:36:39 EDT 2012

On Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:57:18 PM UTC+5:30, (unknown) wrote:
> Dear Group,
>

> I was trying to convert the list to a set, with the following code:
>

> set1=set(list1)
>

> the code was running fine, but all on a sudden started to give the following error,
>

> set1=set(list1)
>
> TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
>

> please let me know how may I resolve.
>

> And sometimes some good running program gives error all on a sudden with no parameter changed, how may I debug it?
>

> Thanking You in Advance,
>

> Regards,
>
> Subhabrata Banerjee.

Dear Group,

Thank you for your kind time and reply. True as Steven pointed the error should be specific. I tested. Put comment mark before the set assignment, printed the list as Peter suggested, taken the print of the list, but no it is not my problem, as you suggested what is contained in the list, I am taking out the values and then assigning blank list and appending the processed values in the list.
If this kind of problems happen, --rare but in my 6 yrs Python experience happened sometimes--then I take a new window, rewrite or copy the earlier code module by module, give a new method name--believe it or not--- works.

Regards,
Subhabrata.