OT: Text editors

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jul 29 07:47:25 EDT 2012

On 07/29/12 05:28, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 29/07/2012 06:08, Ben Finney wrote:
>> Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> writes:
>> Learn one of Emacs or Vim well, and you won't need to worry
>> about text editors again.
>
> Point taken, snag being I've never used any nix box in anger.
> This thread reminds of the good 'ole days when I were a lad using
> TPU on VMS. Have we got any VMS aficionados here?

Though I'm personally far more vitriolic about VMS vs $OS (had a few
souring experiences with VMS in college) than I am regarding Vim vs.
Emacs, you can get Vim for at least OpenVMS:

http://www.vim.org/download.php#others

I presume sources compile fairly well on other flavors of VMS if
needed, and I'd expect Emacs can do likewise[1]

-tkc

[1]
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsOnVMS