OT: Text editors (was Re: Search and replace text in XML file?)

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Jul 28 14:29:44 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> I highly recommend the use of notepad++.  If anyone knows of a
> better text editor for Windows please let me know :)

I'll advocate for Vim which is crazy-powerful and works nicely on
just about any platform I touch.

Others will advocate for Emacs, which I can't say fits the way my
brain works but it's also powerful and loved by many.

The ubiquity of these two platforms makes a worthwhile investment of
time spent in learning at least one if not both.

-tkc