OT: Text editors (was Re: Search and replace text in XML file?)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:47:24 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:43 AM,  <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:51:48 PM UTC+2, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
> ... and has a few limitations (eg it only really supports
>>
>> UTF-8),
>
> ?!
>
> It's my daily plain text editor (Windows) since ? (I don't remember).
> And I'm using it for utf-8, utf-16 and cp1252 (my favorite coding)
> without problems.

Okay, I must have misunderstood something then. Was under the
impression that it had some internals where it worked only in bytes,
and that things wouldn't always work if you used anything other than
UTF-8. It's not an issue for me, since UTF-8 suits me just fine, so
I've never looked into it. Apologies for the Elmer FUD!

ChrisA