from future import pass_function

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 16:48:07 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:40:45 AM UTC-7, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just had an idea, it occurred to me that the pass statement is pretty
> similar to the print statement, and similarly to the print() function,
> there could be a pass() function that does and returns nothing.

I had very similar thoughts about eight months ago, and posted them here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/comp.lang.python/CB_5fek2b8A

I'm no computer science guru, but the idea that pass should be a function rather than a statement continues to appeal to me.  As you can see, I actually wrote just such a function so that I could use it as an argument in my code.