from future import pass_function

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Thu Jul 26 01:20:57 EDT 2012

If we want pass(), then why not break() and continue()?  And also
def() and class()?  for(), while(), if(), with(), we can make them all
callable objects!

Except that they are control statements.  They are not objects, they
have no type, and they can never be evaluated in an expression.  And
most importantly, there is no value to be gained by making them
objects.

It is valuable for a language to have control statements, as others
have already explained.  This is an interesting exercise to think
about what their nature is, but at the end of the day, embrace them
for what they are.

Michael