Dumping all the sql statements as backup

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:31:43 EDT 2012

2012/7/25 Jack <tdldev at gmail.com

> Since you know the content of what the sql code is, why not just build
> the sql file(s) needed and store them so that in case of a burp you can
> just execute the code file. If you don't know the exact sql code, dump
> it to a file as the statements are constructed... The only problem you
> would run into in this scenario is duplicate data, which is also easily
> solvable by using transaction-level commits to the db.
> --

Yes but how do I construct them with SqlAlchemy?
One possible option I found is to enable the logging of some parts of
SqlAlchemy, and use that log, (echo=True in create_engine does
something similar) but maybe there is a better option..

But I need to filter only the insert/update/delete probably..

And in general the processes have to run independently so in case of
database connection problems I would just let them retry until it
actually works.

When the transaction actually works then in the backed up log I can
add a marker(or archive the log), to avoid replaying it.