no data exclution and unique combination.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jul 24 15:32:07 EDT 2012

On 7/24/2012 2:27 PM, giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> would like to take eliminate a specific number in an array and its correspondent in an other array, and vice-versa.
>
> given
>
> a=np.array([1,2,4,4,5,4,1,4,1,1,2,4])
> b=np.array([1,2,3,5,4,4,1,3,2,1,3,4])
>
> no_data_a=1
> no_data_b=2
>
> a_clean=array([4,4,5,4,4,4])
> b_clean=array([3,5,4,4,3,4])

As I discovered when running the solution before, your test data are
wrong, leaving out 2,3 before the last pair (4,4). Anyway, for those
interested in a plain Python solution, without numpy:

a=[1,2,4,4,5,4,1,4,1,1,2,4]
b=[1,2,3,5,4,4,1,3,2,1,3,4]

no_data_a=1
no_data_b=2

a_clean=(4,4,5,4,4,2,4)
b_clean=(3,5,4,4,3,3,4)

cleaned = list(zip(*(pair for pair in zip(a,b)
     if pair[0] != no_data_a and pair[1] != no_data_b)))
print(cleaned, cleaned == [a_clean, b_clean])
#
[(4, 4, 5, 4, 4, 2, 4), (3, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4)] True

--
Terry Jan Reedy