Re: the meaning of rユ.......ï¾

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:50:07 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> […] Pi Day, has two different dates (the American and the European -
>> of course, here in Australia, we celebrate both).
>
> What would be the two days? The 14th day of the 3rd month, and, um,
> what?

Americans celebrate March 14th as 3.14; some Europeans celebrate July
22nd as 22/7 (which is 3.142857, fairly close to 3.14159). We claim
both, and also June 28th (aka Tau Day or Two Pi Day, 6.28).

> Or do you Australians have the third day of the fourteenth month?

The extra months would explain why we're ever so much more productive
than the rest of the world! Now if only we could be productive at more
than just dole bludging...

ChrisA