Gender, Representativeness and Reputation in StackOverflow

Alexander Serebrenik A.Serebrenik at tue.nl
Tue Jul 24 03:26:22 EDT 2012

As a scientist I would be more than happy to publish in Open-Access Journals rather than in IEEE/ACM/Springer-published ones. However, I also have to be sure that my publications reach the scientific community and make an impact on it. Unfortunately, in many fields AFAIK the better journals (= higher impact, etc) are access-restricted, while the open-access ones are overloaded by low-quality submissions and are no much better than a trash bin.