the meaning of rユ.......ï¾

Jan Riechers janpeterr at freenet.de
Mon Jul 23 14:29:23 EDT 2012

On 23.07.2012 16:55, Henrik Faber wrote:
> On 23.07.2012 15:52, Henrik Faber wrote:
>
>> but I would hate for
>> Python to include them into identifiers. Then again, I'm pretty sure
>> this is not planned anytime soon.
>
> Dear Lord.
>
> Python 3.2 (r32:88445, Dec  8 2011, 15:26:58)
> [GCC 4.5.2] on linux2
> 3
>
> I didn't know this. How awful.
>
> Regards,
> Johannes

I can't understand at all why this (even as German) is supported.

Programs and developments, and in particular Python, should not only be
accessible but also understandable by everyone - meaning that I don't
exclude folks by starting to write my code in Esperanto letters.

Otherwise the next thing one might working on is a script normalizer
which Engli-fies foreign variable names... similar to Py2to3.

Outside for display usage it has a right place to make usage of Unicode,
like for French with all the accents Danish, Swedish and other
languages, but some "old"-standards should stay in place, meaning to use
English, so it stays accessible and understandable.

Jan