My first ever Python program, comments welcome

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 06:46:25 EDT 2012

On 22/07/2012, Lipska the Kat <lipska at lipskathekat.com> wrote:
> On 21/07/12 21:10, Dave Angel wrote:
>>
>> A totally off-the-wall query.  Are you using a source control system,
>> such as git ?  It can make you much braver about refactoring a working
>> program.
>
> Thanks for your comments, I've taken them on board,
> I'm most familiar with with cvs and svn for source control. I've also
> used Microsoft source safe. I generally just use what's given to me by
> whoever is paying me and don't worry too much about the details. Many in
> the Linux world seem to use git. Seeing as I've been using Linux at home
> since the early days of slackware I suppose I'd better look into it.

What Dave said. I used CVS briefly and then git and its gui tools for
last 5 years.
Took me a while to get comfortable with it, but now it turns managing complex,
evolving text files into fun and I cannot imagine working without its power and
flexibility. First thing I do on any programming task: git init