My first ever Python program, comments welcome

Lipska the Kat lipska at lipskathekat.com
Sun Jul 22 04:37:11 EDT 2012

On 21/07/12 21:10, Dave Angel wrote:
> On 07/21/2012 03:08 PM, Lipska the Kat wrote:
>> Greetings Pythoners
>>
>> A short while back I posted a message that described a task I had set
>> myself. I wanted to implement the following bash shell script in Python

snip

> A totally off-the-wall query.  Are you using a source control system,
> such as git ?  It can make you much braver about refactoring a working
> program.

Thanks for your comments, I've taken them on board,
I'm most familiar with with cvs and svn for source control. I've also
used Microsoft source safe. I generally just use what's given to me by
whoever is paying me and don't worry too much about the details. Many in
the Linux world seem to use git. Seeing as I've been using Linux at home
since the early days of slackware I suppose I'd better look into it.
Strangely enough I've never had a paid job using Linux. I've worked on
multiuser UNIX systems and Sun Workstations but never Linux so I guess
the need has never arisen.

The Java world seems to largely use Maven to manage their code. It's a
bit of a headbanger and I've never used it. Ant and FTP are my current
faves at home. Primitive but good enough for my personal and business sites.

Lipska

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.