py2app bundling scikits-image etc.

Nicklas Nordenmark nordenmark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:12:04 EDT 2012

Hey guys, didn't know where else to post so I thought I'd give this list a shot. I've been googling a lot but hasn't been able to find any reasonable answers.

I'm on a macbook running Lion trying to bundle a pretty extensive application that's using:
* wxPython
* numpy
* scipy
* reportlab

I'm using python2.7 and py2app for the bundling and here's the setup.py file:

import ez_setup
ez_setup.use_setuptools()
from setuptools import setup

Plist={}
DATA_FILES = ['../rm_logo.jpg']
OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True,
  'plist': Plist,
 }

setup(
app=["../sasdm.py"],
data_files=DATA_FILES,
description="Description",
author="Author",
options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=["py2app"],
)

I've tried both
python setup.py py2app
and
sudo python setup.py py2app

The bundling always ends up failing with the message:
error: cannot copy tree '/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/skimage/data/chessboard_GRAY_U8.npz': not a directory

I've confirmed that "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/skimage/data/chessboard_GRAY_U8.npz" in fact does exist.

I've installed the latest development version of scikits-image too but no apparent difference there.

I appreciate any clues.

Regards
--
Nicklas Nordenmark