My first ever Python program, comments welcome

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:55:47 EDT 2012

On Jul 22, 1:10 am, Dave Angel <d... at davea.name> wrote:

> A totally off-the-wall query.  Are you using a source control system,
> such as git ?  It can make you much braver about refactoring a working
> program.

Question in a similar vein: What development environment do you use?
My impression is that the majority of pythonistas use a non-ide editor
like vi or emacs
Ive been using emacs for 20 years and python-mode of emacs is very
useful but I am increasingly concerned that emacs is refusing to move
with the times.

Which is why I am particularly curious how an ol Java-head finds
eclipse+python (http://pydev.org/ )