Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 20:38:19 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 04:25:21 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> Use whichever service you like, but don't seriously expect anything that
>> you don't pay money for to be perfectly featured AND not spy on you.
>
> http://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html

They go for privacy at the cost of everything else, and that's fine.
But you still can't depend on its featureset. With a mailing list /
newsgroup reader, there's a whole lot of little things that you'd
probably like, but you can't depend on it; such things cost money, and
most companies that give you stuff that cost money without charging
you money are going to be selling ad space, ergo the temptation to
harvest information about you.

But as I said, I don't care. Google doesn't get any information about
me that I'm not willing for them to get. Let 'em show me ads. And
sometimes they're even useful!

ChrisA