Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 21 20:27:24 EDT 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 19:07:28 -0400, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:

> People hold grudges against MS too strongly, and they believe too much
> in Google's righteousness. They are both big companies that don't
> necessarily care about you.

+10000

Google's motto "Don't be evil" should really be, "Don't be evil unless
there's a lot of money in it".

I personally know a couple of people working for Google, and their famed
geek-friendly work environment is not all it is cracked up to be either.

I think the IT world is better now than it was 10 years ago, because an
industry dominated by three big, competing entities who hate each other
(Microsoft, Apple, Google) is better than a monopoly of one (Microsoft).
But we, the users and consumers, should never make the mistake of
thinking that *any* of the three have our best interests at heart.

--
Steven