Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 21 20:13:20 EDT 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:48:29 -0400, Dave Angel wrote:

> Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
> messages in the python mailing list?

No I have not.

It sounds like a problem with your Usenet provider. Remember that this
news group is a mirror of the mailing list python-list at python.org so you
can check the mail archives to see if the problem is there. It is also
mirrored by gmane (I *think* it is gmane.comp.python.general).

> Previously, I've seen some messages double posted, and it was nearly
> always a newbie, presumably posting via some low-end gateway.

Some people also annoyingly send to both the newsgroup *and* the mailing
list, not realising -- or not caring -- that they are the same thing.

--
Steven