ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:28:36 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> I'll support 3.3+, but not with the same code base:  I want to use all the
> cool features that 3.3 has!  :)

The trouble with double-codebasing is that you have double
maintenance. But sure. So long as your time isn't under great
pressure, it can be quite effective.

Recommendation: Figure out a way to minimize double-handling of
things. One way might be to have source control manage it for you -
apply a patch to your 3.3+ source tree, then merge it into your 2.4+
tree and see if it applies cleanly. I dunno how successful that'd be,
but I really dread the idea of maintaining, unassisted, two identical
projects in two dialects of the same language. Recipe for burnout I'd
predict.

ChrisA