Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Sat Jul 21 07:25:08 EDT 2012

On 07/21/2012 07:05 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:
> On 7/21/2012 5:48 AM, Dave Angel wrote:
>> Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
>> messages in the python mailing list?
> I am also using the mailing list, but I haven't experienced this.
Well, my own message was doubled, but not your reply.

When I look at the message sources, they definitely are different.  The
one looks to me like an ordinary email. The other is much longer, but I
don't claim to know what all the fields mean.

One pair of fields that looks interesting is:

...    X-Original-To: python-list at python.org
...    Delivered-To: python-list at mail.python.org

I sent to  python-list at python.org, and when I do a reply-all that's what
gets filled in.  But what about the other address?

The pervasive doubling just started in the last day or two;  I saw 50
new messages overnight, between about 10pm and 4am, EDT.   I haven't
changed any settings on purpose, and the only new software is whatever
the Linux update manager changes.

--

DaveA