Basic question about speed/coding style/memory

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 04:02:29 EDT 2012

On 7/21/2012 2:33 AM, Jan Riechers wrote:
> Block
> versus this block:
> Now, very briefly, what is the better way to proceed in terms of
> execution speed, readability, coding style?
Using if/else is the most readable in the general sense. Using return
(or break or continue as applicable) in this manner would indicate (at
least to me) that it's an exceptional or otherwise special case and that
the function can't do what it's supposed to. In that case, I would try
to catch an exception rather than use if/else whenever possible. I
highly doubt there is a significant performance difference between them.
--
CPython 3.3.0b1 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17803