Encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 05:00:59 EDT 2012

On 19/07/2012 22:13, Ian Kelly wrote:

>>>        Since the current evidence indicates the universe will just keep
>>> expanding, it's more of a "deep freeze death..."
>>
>> Heat death means *lack* of heat.
>
> Actually actually it means *uniformity* of heat, i.e. that the entire
> universe is in thermodynamic equilibrium and so it is impossible to
> perform work.  So heat death is expected regardless of whether the
> universe ultimately collapses or expands indefinitely.

All of this will pale into complete insignificance provided that England
beat South Africa in the current cricket test match series and retain
their world no.1 ranking.  Of course if they lose the universe will
collapse immediately or expand so far that it tears itself to tiny
little pieces.  Even The Ashes won't survive, something I should perhaps
take up with the MCC.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.