Let child process to run while parent is out (multiprocessing)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:05:11 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:34 AM, John Wong <gokoproject at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is output:
> yeukhon at fermat:~$ python c2.py
> abcd12345
> done  [now hangs for 10 seconds]
> I build things

Side point: I just tried your code on Python 2.6 on Windows, and it
produced all three lines of output before waiting the ten seconds.
Same in Python 3.3 on Linux (after putting parentheses around the
prints, the only 2->3 change needed). Your experience of it delaying
the "building" message probably has something to do with output
buffering.

As to the fundamental, though: I don't know that Python truly supports
what you're trying to do. A skim of the docs doesn't show up anything
obvious, so I'm hoping that someone else has already tried this and
can give an authoritative or empirical answer.

ChrisA