Encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism

Lipska the Kat lipska at lipskathekat.com
Tue Jul 17 10:23:30 EDT 2012

On 17/07/12 14:52, Roy Smith wrote:
> In article<-8SdnVrXGqie25jNnZ2dnUVZ7qKdnZ2d at bt.com>,
>   Lipska the Kat<lipska at lipskathekat.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'm not used to using variables without declaring their type
>
> If you truly wanted to recreate this type-bondage style of programming
> in Python, it's easy enough to do.

snip

Well 'type-bondage' is a strange way of thinking about compile time type
checking and making code easier to read (and therefor debug) but
I'm not about to get into some religious war about declaring a variables
type. I'll just say that I prefer to devote testing efforts to the real
danger area which in my experience is 'user' input.
Clients look dimly on runtime errors however they occur and if I can
leave it to the compiler to check as much as possible then I'll take that.

I do understand however that compiling an intepreted language doesn't
really make sense however i'm sure there are interpreted languages that
allow pre-execution type checking ... aren't there ? Oh yes, there's one
called Java :-)

Still, I'm sure you're only kidding around with me :-)

Lipska

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.