Implicit conversion to boolean in if and while statements

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:18:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 22:15:13 -0400, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
>
>> For example, instead of "if stack:" or "if bool(stack):", we could use
>> "if stack.isempty():". This line tells us explicitly that stack is a
>> container.
>
> isempty is not a container method.

Your entire reply is predicated on this idea that I was talking about
writing classes with this extra "isempty" method.

No. I was talking about having "isempty" be part of the collection
interface, and eliminating polymorphic bool conversion.

If you were confused, instead of assuming I meant something patently
absurd, you should have asked for a clarification.

-- Devin