OpenHatch - Chicago Python Workshop

Aisha Halim aishahalim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:02:40 EDT 2012

Hi, I'm not sure if it's ok to post regarding a small local workshop
(based on Railsbridge and the Boston Python Workshop) here so please
direct me elsewhere if I am mistaken:

OpenHatch's first Chicago Python workshop is heading our way, on
August 17th - 18th. These events are tailored for women and their
friends who have none or limited programming experience. They are also
welcoming and respectful of trans women. Men are welcome as guests of
women who are attending (please RSVP as well).

Register here: http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Python-Workshop/events/72904002/

More information: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Chicago_Python_Workshop_1

Super cool video on OpenHatch, their motivation, results:
http://pyvideo.org/video/719/diversity-in-practice-how-the-boston-python-user

We'd like more exposure in local women groups (ladies of all ages are
welcome) and if you think we missed out on any other channels, please
let us know, or pass this on.

Also if anyone is interested in helping or would like to give some
input, please join the cpw list
(http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo/cpw-staff)

Thanks!

-Aisha