Initial nose experience

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Jul 16 07:33:38 EDT 2012

In article <mailman.2149.1342375358.4697.python-list at python.org>,
 python at bdurham.com wrote:

> After years of using unittest, what would you say are the pros and
> cons of nose?

BTW, although I'm currently using nose just as a unittest aggregator, I
can see some nice advantages to native nose functionality.  The most
obvious is that tests can be plain-old static functions at the top level
of a module.

In unittest, you have to subclass TestCase, then write methods for that
(showing its JUnit/SUnit roots).  In 99% of the tests I write, I don't
do anything special in my TestCase subclasses, so that's all just
boilerplate busywork.  I like the idea that I can skip that all now.