Python and Qt4 Designer

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:13:06 EDT 2012

On Jul 14, 7:45 pm, Michael Torrie <torr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/2012 03:12 PM, Jean Dubois wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the extra docu references
>
> In this day and age, I think compiling ui files to code is probably on
> the way out.  Instead you should consider using the ui files directly in
> your code.  This has the advantage of letting you change the gui
> somewhat without having to recompile all the time.
>
> Here is are some links that gives one way of loading and parsing the ui
> file directly:
>
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-April/015902.htmlhttp://bitesofcode.blogspot.ca/2011/10/comparison-of-loading-techniqu...

I looked at the second link and find code like this:

    app = None
    if ( not app ):
        app = QtGui.QApplication([])

Maybe I'm dense but whats that if doing there?

Frankly I seem to be a bit jinxed with gui stuff.  A few days ago
someone was singing the praises of some new themed tk stuff. I could
not get the first two lines -- the imports -- to work and then gave up