[OT] Simulation Results Managment

moogyd at yahoo.co.uk moogyd at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 01:50:08 EDT 2012

Hi,
This is a general question, loosely related to python since it will be the implementation language.
I would like some suggestions as to manage simulation results data from my ASIC design.

For my design,
- I have a number of simulations testcases (TEST_XX_YY_ZZ), and within each of these test cases we have:
  - a number of properties (P_AA_BB_CC)
  - For each property, the following information is given
    - Property name (P_NAME)
    - Number of times it was checked (within the testcase) N_CHECKED
    - Number of times if failed (within the testcase) N_FAILED
- A simulation runs a testcase with a set of parameters.
  - Simple example, SLOW_CLOCK, FAST_CLOCK, etc
- For the design, I will run regression every night (at least), so I will have results from multiple timestamps
We have < 1000 TESTCASES, and < 1000 PROPERTIES.

At the moment, I have a script that extracts property information from simulation logfile, and provides single PASS/FAIL and all logfiles stored in a directory structure with timestamps/testnames and other parameters embedded in paths

I would like to be easily look at (visualize) the data and answer the questions
- When did this property last fail, and how many times was it checked
- Is this property checked in this test case.

Initial question: How to organize the data within python?
For a single testcase, I could use a dict. Key P_NAME, data in N_CHECKED, N_FAILED
I then have to store multiple instances of testcase based on date (and simulation parameters.

Any comments, suggestions?
Thanks,
Steven