Python and Qt4 Designer

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vandevyvre at swing.be
Thu Jul 12 21:52:51 EDT 2012

On 12/07/12 08:42, Jean Dubois wrote:
> [...]
>> On 11/07/12 17:37, Jean Dubois wrote:
>>

>>> I'm trying to combine python-code made with QT4 designer with plain
>>> python statements like
>>> file = open("test","w")
>>> Can anyone tell me what I have to  add to the following code just to
>>> open a file when clicking on the load-button and closing it by
>>> clicking on the save button.
>>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>>> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
>>> # Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'test.ui'
>>> #
>>> # Created: Wed Jul 11 17:21:35 2012
>>> #      by: PyQt4 UI code generator 4.8.3
>>> #
>>> # WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
>>> from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
>>> try:
>>>     _fromUtf8 = QtCore.QString.fromUtf8
>>> except AttributeError:
>>>     _fromUtf8 = lambda s: s
>>> class Ui_Form(object):
>>>     def setupUi(self, Form):
>>>         Form.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("Form"))
>>>         Form.resize(400, 300)
>>>         self.widget = QtGui.QWidget(Form)
>>>         self.widget.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(10, 20, 146, 25))
>>>         self.widget.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("widget"))
>>>         self.horizontalLayout = QtGui.QHBoxLayout(self.widget)
>>>         self.horizontalLayout.setMargin(0)
>>> self.horizontalLayout.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("horizontalLayout"))
>>>         self.pushButton_2 = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
>>>         self.pushButton_2.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButton_2"))
>>>         self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton_2)
>>>         self.pushButton = QtGui.QPushButton(self.widget)
>>>         self.pushButton.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("pushButton"))
>>>         self.horizontalLayout.addWidget(self.pushButton)
>>>         self.retranslateUi(Form)
>>>         QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(Form)
>>>     def retranslateUi(self, Form):
>>>         Form.setWindowTitle(QtGui.QApplication.translate("Form",
>>> "Form", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>>         self.pushButton_2.setText(QtGui.QApplication.translate("Form",
>>> "Save file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>>         self.pushButton.setText(QtGui.QApplication.translate("Form",
>>> "Load file", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8))
>>> if __name__ == "__main__":
>>>     import sys
>>>     app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
>>>     Form = QtGui.QWidget()
>>>     ui = Ui_Form()
>>>     ui.setupUi(Form)
>>>     Form.show()
>>>     sys.exit(app.exec_())
>>> thanks in advance
>>> jean
>> Connect the signal clicked of your's buttons to your's functions.
>>
>>     self.pushButton.clicked.connect(self.my_func)
>>
>> Here's all the truth:
>>
>> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/new_style_...
>>
>> --
>> Vincent V.V.
>> Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte+7
>> <https://launchpad.net/qarte+7> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>
> thanks for the reference, could you just supply a small example for

Just add the connection at the end of the Ui_Form class and, of course,
your function.

You can find numbers of examples in your PyQt4 install folder.
On my machine is located at /usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/examples

And, for more inspiration, have a look at this site:
   http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/

--
<https://launchpad.net/qarte> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>