Opening multiple Files in Different Encoding

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:15:02 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:16:08 PM UTC+5:30, Subhabrata wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I kept a good number of files in a folder. Now I want to read all of
> them. They are in different formats and different encoding. Using
> listdir/glob.glob I am able to find the list but how to open/read or
> process them for different encodings?
>
> If any one can help me out.I am using Python3.2 on Windows.
>
> Regards,
> Subhabrata Banerjee.
Dear Group,

No generally I know the glob.glob or the encodings as I work lot on non-ASCII stuff, but I recently found an interesting issue, suppose there are .doc,.docx,.txt,.xls,.pdf files with different encodings.
1) First I have to determine on the fly the file type.
2) I can not assign encoding="..." whatever be the encoding I have to read it.

Any idea. Thinking.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.