Python Interview Questions

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 10 12:51:37 EDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:11:22 +0200, Christian Heimes wrote:

> Am 10.07.2012 09:33, schrieb Steven D'Aprano:
>> This is why I hate job interviews. You have like 30 minutes, or even as
>> little as 30 seconds, to make a good impression on somebody who may or
>> may not be capable of telling the difference between a cheese sandwich
>> and a box of hair -- and even the *good* interviewers are probably
>> making their judgement on the basis of subjective factors with no right
>> or wrong answers.
>
> IMHO one category of answers is always wrong: lies. You may oversell
> yourself a bit, you can (and should) keep private matters to yourself
> but don't lie.

If only that were true. I know quite a few people who looked the
interviewer straight in the eye and told the most bare-faced lies without
a trace of shame, and got the job. Ten years on, at least one of them is
making something around $300,000 a year, based entirely on his ability to
smile and tell customers plausible lies.

I can't lie to save my life, which is why I have trouble in interviews.
But of course all good liars would say the same thing.

--
Steven