Python Interview Questions

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 10 12:34:10 EDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:05:50 -0700, Ethan Furman wrote:

> Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
>> Why would you want to hire someone that knows something pointless as
>> the version where feature X has been introduced ?
>
> As an example from today, if someone claimed to have 5+ years of Python
> experience, but didn't know that 'with' was standard in 2.6 (or at least
> the end of the 2.x cycle) I would be suspicious that they actually had
> the experience they claimed.

Be careful of jumping to conclusions though. Perhaps they have five years
experience with Python 1.5, 2.3 and 2.4 on Centos systems. Of course, if
they try to sell themselves as having five years experience with Python
3.2 and they don't know anything about the with statement, that tells you
everything you need to know.

--
Steven