Python Interview Questions

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 04:03:56 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Shambhu Rajak
<Shambhu.Rajak at kpitcummins.com> wrote:
> I agree with Christian, a developer should have hobbies other than computer stuffs. Versatile environment give more
> Ability to think differently.
> I like playing guitar :-)

Music and programming do go VERY well together. My hobbies include
online roleplaying (Dungeons & Dragons, etc), writing/managing a MUD,
playing the church organ, and arranging 19th-century music. It's not
at all an uncommon pairing.

But would a job interviewer REALLY care that I spend my Sunday
mornings up front, hiding behind two manuals and a set of faulty
pedals? Or would it be of interest that I play the odd video game (and
believe you me, some of the games I play are VERY odd)? If so, I
hereby resign all hope of comprehending job interviews, and will fall
back on Mr Hall Pycroft's notion[1] that there's absolutely no logic
to them at all.

ChrisA

[1] cf Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of the Stock-Broker's Clerk