Python Interview Questions

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:44:11 EDT 2012

On Jul 9, 12:40 pm, Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> The second[or higher]-order
> ignorance of not knowing what pdb is (or, if you need more powerful
> debugging, how to do it) is sign the person hasn't been programming
> in Python much.

So guru knowledge of pdb is prerequisite to being accepted as a
Pythonista? I find that ridiculous since *real* programmers don't use
debuggers anyway.

> [Ed: something appears to have gotten truncated there]  Yeah, it's
> more about a person being sufficiently steeped in python to know
> bits and pieces of the zen, and their ability to recognize/create
> pythonic code.  I've seen enough Java-written-in-Python to know what
> I don't want :-)

I know you are a member of the group who has an aversion to strict OOP
paradigm but is this a justified aversion, or just fear of OOP due to
static evolution? Look, i don't like java's strict approach either,
however, i do not have an aversion to OOP.