PyEval_SetProfile usage ?

Salman Malik salmanmk at live.com
Sat Jul 7 15:09:29 EDT 2012

Thanks Thomas! I will try the timer code that you provided. I have tried profiling with just wrapping the python code with cprofiler's runctx but the problem is that my python code is sort of a packet parser and is called for each packet, but when I see the profiled results  it appears that the profile gets rewritten for each packet and I can't see the aggregate result: I see 1-2 calls per function and each call is shown to have taken 0.00 time.

I have also tried valgrind's callgrind in conjunction with kcachegrind but it doesn't seem to show time measurement and by some reading I learned that it gives the CPU cycle's per function and not time. Any suggestions in this regard will also be very helpful.. Thanks!

Salman