Using a CMS for small site?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Wed Jul 4 06:28:09 EDT 2012

In article <pu28v7t3nstsamp9emp1781utck1mei744 at 4ax.com>,
 Gilles <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Someone I know with no computer knowledge has a studio appartment to
> rent in Paris and spent four months building a small site in Joomla to
> find short-time renters.
>
> The site is just...
> - a few web pages that include text (in four languages) and pictures
> displayed in a Flash slide show
> - a calendar to show availability
> - a form to send e-mail with anti-SPAM support
> - (ASAP) online payment
>
> Out of curiosity, are there CMS/frameworks in Python that can do this?
> Django? Other?

You probably want to look at https://www.django-cms.org/.  It's not
something that a person with "no computer knowledge" could set up, but
once it's set up, that person could use it to build pages.

But, to be honest, for somebody who really doesn't know anything, some
much more pre-canned solution like WordPress might be what they're
looking for.