code review

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:05:14 EDT 2012

On Jul 4, 11:17 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 3:39 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler" <ty... at tysdomain.com> wrote:
>
> > I basically just stopped after a while. It got into a my language is
> > better than your language, so I didn't see much constructive info.
>
> To be fair, it's more "my vision of the language is better than
> yours" :) But yes, it should've been forked into a separate thread
> ages okay.

A program is a product of a person's creativity as is a programming
language.
They have an analogous relation as say a sculpture to chisels.
This thread is a good example of how longwindedness of a discussion
correlates with its uselessness.
However the reverse error is more insidious: programs are made by
humans and should be critiqued, whereas programming languages (in
particular python) is sacrosanct and cannot be questioned.

Too often I find that responders on this list treat as personal
affront anyone who questions python whereas the most appropriate
response would be: Nice idea but too invasive for serious
consideration.

[I am saying this in general and not for this thread:Whats wrong with
a < b < c is quite beyond me!]