code review

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:53:12 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/07/2012 03:25, John O'Hagan wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:22:55 +1000
>>
>> I agree to some extent, but as a counter-example, when I was a child there
>> a subject called "Weights and Measures" which is now redundant because of
>> the
>> Metric system. I don't miss hogsheads and fathoms at all.
>>
>> John
>>

> I weigh 13st 8lb - does this make me redundant?

Yes, because somewhere in the world is someone who weighs (... pulls
out calculator...) 86kg. After all, the French had a bloody revolution
to get us a new system without any of the old baggage. We don't want
to disappoint the French now, do we!

ChrisA
lemme just dislodge my tongue from my cheek, it seems to be stuck...