WxSlider Mouse Wheel Resolution

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:45:49 EDT 2012

On Jul 2, 10:45 am, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to set the mouse wheel resolution for the wxPython
> wx.Slider? I would like to use the graphic slider for coarse control
> and the mouse wheel for fine control. Right now the mouse wheel makes
> the slider jump ten counts and I would like it to be a single count.
>
> Thanks

I have always found GUI mouse wheel events (and others) to be lacking
in the "user tuned control" category. NOTE: Instead of forcing your
lib users to configure specifics or re-bind events like(course,
medium, fine) simply pre-bind the following events and empower the end
user:

  MouseWheel -> cb(MEDIUM)
  MouseWheel+ControlKey -> cb(FINE)
  MouseWheel+ShiftKey -> cb(COURSE)