code review

John O'Hagan research at johnohagan.com
Mon Jul 2 00:43:00 EDT 2012

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:41:20 -0400
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> 	I'd think a true newcomer (to programming) would have NO
> expectations... And if they'd had any complex math classes may actually
> consider
> 		if 1 < x < 10:
> to be the norm
[...]

+1

I've only ever known Python (well, I've almost forgotten Bash), and when I
first needed a range test, I guessed at the above form and was pleasantly
surprised that it worked: it seemed too good to be true that Python was smart
enough to know I wanted the same "x" to be an operand in two comparisons at
once.

John

P.S. I know I'm not helping, but I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy who
wanted his code reviewed!

John