when "normal" parallel computations in CPython will be implemented at last?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:28:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Thomas Jollans <t at jollybox.de> wrote:

> On 07/01/2012 08:44 PM, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> > IronPython, sadly, lacks a python standard library.
>

> Beg pardon?
>

> https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/tree/master/External.LCA_RESTRICTED/Languages/IronPython/27/Lib

Perhaps things have changed.

When I last checked the situation, IronPython came with no standard
library, but you could bolt one on that hadn't been tested well - IIRC,
just a simple "import os" gave a traceback.  FePy was IronPython with a
standard library and some degree of testing, but their emphasis was
windows-only.

I'd be open to using FePy instead, and I might even call it IronPython, but
I'm not in the habit of happily using software that is Windows only.