code review

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Sun Jul 1 02:57:04 EDT 2012

Evan Driscoll wrote:

> On 6/30/2012 19:37, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>
>> wrote:
>>> I know of no programming language that
>>> would give a newcomer to Python that expectation. So where is the norm
>>> you're referring to?
>>
>> C, SQL, REXX, and many other languages.
>
> Some others: Lua, Javascript, Ruby, O'Caml.

JFTR: Contrary to popular belief there is no programming language named
"Javascript".  In your second point, you are talking about ECMAScript
implementations; one of which is _JavaScript_, Netscape's and later
Mozilla.org's ECMAScript implementation.  Other implementations include that
of Microsoft, JScript.

<http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix>

--
PointedEars

Please do not Cc: me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.