Iterate from 2nd element of a huge list

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 31 23:55:24 EST 2012

On 01Feb2012 03:34, Paulo da Silva <p_s_d_a_s_i_l_v_a at netcabo.pt> wrote:
| Em 01-02-2012 03:16, Paulo da Silva escreveu:
| > I think iter is nice for what I need.
| > Thank you very much to all who responded.
|
| BTW, iter seems faster than iterating thru mylist[1:]!

I would hope the difference can be attributed to the cost of copying
mylist[1:]. Do your timings suggest this? (Remembering also that for
most benchmarking you need to run things many times unless the effect
is quite large).

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Any company large enough to have a research lab
is large enough not to listen to it. - Alan Kay