Disable use of pyc file with no matching py file

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 31 18:55:12 EST 2012

On 1/31/2012 9:19 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

> A: "My wheel is flat"
> B: "Buy a new car"

A better analogy would be

Q. "How do I make my old model car do something (it cannot do)?"
A. "Get the free new model that has that feature added."

Of course, there is a cost to giving up the old and familiar and
learning and adjusting to the new, even when it is available gratis. A
husband wearing an old sweater after his wife gives him a new one, and
even retrieving it from the trash when she tosses it out, is a classic
(and true) cartoon joke.

But I am sure that 95% of readers here will be using 3.x withing 10
years. The only question for them is "When?". This not-well-known new
feature is one straw that some will put on the 'sooner' side of the balance.

--
Terry Jan Reedy