IDLE not setting current directory in its path

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 31 18:12:56 EST 2012

On 1/31/2012 11:27 AM, gujax wrote:
> Thanks Terry,
> I see that the issue has been closed by you.
> However, I do not know how to run the patch on my Windows. Do I
> reinstall IDLE?
> Please suggest. I am using Python2.7

Choices:
1. Wait for the next 2.7 release, which should be within a month.
Easiest ;-). Will get you all other patches too.
2. Edit the files by hand, deleting lines marked - in the patch and
adding lines marked +. Or change lines so they match the + lines.
Harder, but you get the one change now instead of later.
3. Download and install TortoiseHG, turn your python installation (or
just the idlelib directory) into a repository, apply the patch (or an
edited version thereof), and perhaps delete the repository stuff. I
would only do this if you want to learn to use (Tortoise)HG anyway,
perhaps so you can apply other patches too, without waiting.

--
Terry Jan Reedy