python logging filter limitation, looks intentional?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 05:07:17 EST 2012

On Jan 28, 10:51 am, Chris Withers <ch... at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> To be clear, I wasn't asking for a change to existing behaviour, I was
> asking for the addition of an option that would allow thelogging
> framework to behave as most people would expect when it comes to filters ;-)

And the evidence for "most people" would be ... ? ;-) It hasn't been
raised before, despite filters working the way they do since Python
2.3 ...

And I wonder, would any of those people be willing to accept the
performance impact of the change? I'm not sure how big the impact
would be, but it does involve another hierarchy traversal and
additional calls to the ancestor filters.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip